Shapefarm is looking for a senior-level designer to join our tightly knit group of design dreamers, either remote or in one of our main locations (Manchester UK, Tokyo Japan).
You will be a driving factor for the level design and team structure, creativity, planning, communication, and culture.
- DESIGN and PLAN for worlds, levels, and both interior and exterior spaces, setting up the following departments for success.
- CREATE levels from start to finish making sure to get information, feedback, and sign-offs.
- COLLABORATE with other teams regularly on needs and solutions to get the level across the finish line.
- ADAPT to varying workflow situations from designing bespoke set-piece environments to sprawling open environments.
- TOOLS suggestions and development will always be an ongoing process alongside your team.
- FEEDBACK the team’s work, processes, and tools, we look forward to suggestions and thoughts.
- IMPROVE existing, and create new, workflows that would benefit level design and collaborative teams.
- COMMUNICATE any specifics of a level\environment\set-piece\LD related feature that's being worked on, document it, and hold presentations on the subject to the larger team.
- MENTOR peers and be a source of knowledge for the rest of the team.
- DOCUMENT any level progression work and keep said documentation up to date.
- PLAYTEST your content, hold internal play sessions in groups, set expectations, take notes and work on any action points from playtest sessions.
- SET EXAMPLE for aspiring company culture, building the foundation for healthy and open communication.
- SUPPORT the Lead Level Designer as an expert and communicator when needed in decision-making and consultation
- Extensive Unreal experience essential including blueprint knowledge.
- A good understanding of phasing and spacing, putting player experience first.
- Good communication skills in all areas.
- A desire to build and nurture the company culture
- Has an interest in other disciplines, such as audio, art, or animation.
- An interest in prototyping\tweaking and developing within the Unreal game engine is essential.
- Multiplayer and/or co-op experience.
- Experience with accessibility, diversity, and inclusion.
- Can communicate in Japanese.
Japanese Visa Qualifications
A bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience.
At Shapefarm we…
- Are humble.
- Make sure the job gets done.
- Take responsibility for our work and our actions.
- Have the willingness to walk the extra mile to help others.
- Have a positive attitude towards problem-solving.
Shapefarm stands for inclusivity and equality, thus treats people, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age—with respect, and without judgment or bias.