At this time, we are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer with a keen interest in working closely with design and developing a team identity and ethos within Shapefarm. We are looking to build a code team from the ground up that will work on all of our in-house productions moving forward. It is a great chance to come in early and be a driving force in Shaping the future of our in-house development.
- Be the heart of our programming team, by supporting, managing, and leading a team of gameplay developers.
- Review potential candidates and lead the way in hiring to expand the project team.
- Delegate work effectively to team members, helping to focus their team efforts.
- Assist production in the breaking down of gameplay features into smaller areas - estimating and helping to facilitate the creation of a schedule.
- Create gameplay systems from scratch, and work them from prototype to final production.
- Run one to one’s with members of the project team with frequent appraisals, creating clear pathways and goals - ensuring the team feels empowered
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions.
- Communicate clearly to ensure all those on the team understand what is needed and feel involved in the project planning and execution.
- Based 2 ( + / - ) hours on either side of Japan Standard Time - Would be a large advantage if the candidate has the ability to visit the office frequently
- Expert knowledge in producing and shipping games in UE4/5
- Expertise in C++, with a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a Lead/Management role.
- Intimate knowledge of feature development from prototype to completion.
- Working experience as a Lead on multiple platforms
- Working experience with Networked Games
- Good understanding of people management practices, particularly around professional development
- Interest in building a new team and establishing new workflows
- Proactive mindset (due to remote working)
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
- Experience Mentoring Jr - Senior
- Strong delivery skills and working with Agile processes and software development experience
- Experience & Passion for performance management and career development for engineers
- Experience as a technical leader on an engineering team
- At least two shipped games on multiple platforms (PS4/5, Xbox One / Series X)
- Working knowledge of creating features that can be extended with DLCs.
- A background in multiplayer and network gaming.
Japanese Visa Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience
At Shapefarm we…
- Are humble
- Make sure the job gets done
- Take responsibility for our work and our actions
- Have the willingness to walk the extra mile to help others
- Have a positive attitude towards problem-solving
Shapefarm stands for inclusivity and equality, thus treats people, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age—with respect, and without judgment or bias.