We are looking for an experienced Principal Generalist Programmer. You should consider yourself an expert within the team, wanting to help to expand the programming team's knowledge and passionate about providing solutions to produce the best games possible.
- Create and own gameplay systems from scratch, and work them from prototype to final production - collaborating across disciplines teams.
- Drive improvements and maintain existing workflows, Innovating on techniques
- Support the lead in establishing best practices. Act as an inspiration for other programmers in their growth.
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions.
- Review potential candidates and help to expand the project team.
- Breakdown of gameplay features into smaller areas - estimating and helping to facilitate the creation of a schedule.
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation
- Based 2 ( + / - ) hours either side of Japan Standard Time - Would be a large advantage if the candidate has the ability to visit the office frequently
- Expert knowledge in producing and shipping games in UE4/5
- Expertise in C++, with a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Working experience on multiple platforms, with a keen interest new technologies
- Working experience with Networked Games
- Experience with 1st or 3rd person action/adventure games (preferably AAA)
- "Jack of all trades, master of some" - Wide knowledge base with experience in the creation of tools, optimisation, UI and with a deep understanding of 3c's
- Proactive mindset with a high degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness in all areas of engineering
- Interest in establishing new workflows
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
- At least two shipped games on multiple platforms (PS4/5, Xbox One / Series X)
- Working knowledge of creating features that can be extended with DLCs.
- An understanding of training and mentoring of team
- Interest in building a new team
- Can communicate in Japanese
Japanese Visa Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience
At Shapefarm we…
- Are humble
- Make sure the job gets done
- Take responsibility for our work and our actions
- Have the willingness to walk the extra mile to help others
- Have a positive attitude towards problem-solving
Shapefarm stands for inclusivity and equality, thus treats people, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age—with respect, and without judgment or bias.